Don’t panic if you have no idea what to buy your favourite surfer girl. Choose something from this list of thoughtful, surf inspired gems and you will have a gift to make the eyes of any mermaid sparkle. From stocking fillers to outright splurges, whatever your budget, this surfer girl gift guide has you covered.
*Ladies, you may want to subtly leave this where your boyfriend/husband/mum/friends can find it, like on their Facebook timeline, or pinned to the fridge…
1. Surfboard: A girl can dream right? Besides, what ultimate surfer girl gift guide would be complete without this. For the grandest of grand gestures and a girl who will love you forever, you can’t go wrong with a new surfboard. A word of caution though; unless you really know what you’re doing, don’t go down the surprise route with this one.
2. GoPro Hero 5 Black: This tough little action camera is waterproof and can be used to capture all of your girl’s surfing highlights, from epic waves to spectacular sunsets out on the water (although I mostly use mine to capture epic wipeouts and all the things I do wrong). The GoPro Hero 5 has a touch display, can be voice activated, and is capable of shooting stabilised 4K video.
If you want to go really crazy, treat her to the newly released Hero 6, or for something a little less pricey take a look at the paired down Hero 5 Session. It can record the same quality video as the Hero 5, but without the touch display. Note that GoPros do not have any internal memory so you will need a memory card. With my Hero 5 I use a SanDisk Extreme 64 GB microSDXC Memory Card. The key thing is that it needs a U3 rating for the camera to be able to record in 4K.
3. GoPro Surf Mounts: If you’re treating her to a GoPro, consider completing the package with GoPro Surf Mounts. These super strong, sticky little disks allow you to mount the GoPro on the nose of your board so you can capture both surfer and wave in the same shot. It’s also easier to use the GoPro hands free than trying to paddle with it on your wrist or holding a pole mount.
4. Barts Nicole Beanie: Nothing feels better than coming out of the water on a cold day and putting on a cosy beanie. This one has a fleece band that lines the inside for extra comfort and comes in a range of gorgeous colours. I have it in Oyster and love it.
5. Sex Wax Air Freshener: Sex Wax reminds me of surf trips and summer every time I smell it. These retro looking air fresheners are based on the scents of the Sex Wax bars and make a great little stocking filler. My favourite is coconut.
7. The Surf Girl Handbook: This book contains pretty much everything a girl needs to know about surfing and is packed full of stunning photos. It takes you from the basics like surf etiquette, swell prediction and equipment, right through to performing manoeuvres and fitness. Unless she’s a pro, she’s sure to find this book useful.
8. Dryrobe Advance Changing Robe: Changing out of a wetsuit by the car is a tricky balancing act of not flashing nearby strangers but working quickly so as not to freeze to death. If your surfer girl isn’t lucky enough to own a van (and even if she is), give her the gift of modesty and warmth. Dryrobe also make a more budget friendly towelling version.
9. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor: Sun and saltwater might be good for the soul, but they are definitely not good for hair. Restore her locks to their former glory with this affordable, gorgeous smelling intensive conditioner.
11. Surf Fin Art: These beautiful surf inspired decorations will be a welcome addition to any surfer girl’s home.
12. Aquapac Keymaster: Solve the eternal surfers’ dilemma of where to leave your car key and give her this little waterproof pouch which can be worn under your wetsuit.
13. ‘Good Vibes’ Cushion: Another great addition to a beach lover’s home plus Artfaction promise that an independent graphic artist profits from every purchase.
14. Surf Mud Natural Zinc: There is nothing worse than having to cut your session short because your face is being burnt to a crisp. The makers of Surf Mud created it for this exact reason and claim that it stays on all day.
15. ‘Everyone Should Believe in Something’ Tote Bag: I think the slogan on this bag is hilarious. Definitely a great gift for a surfer girl.
17. Sterling Silver Mermaid’s Tail Pendant Necklace: A subtle nod to her inner mermaid, this pendant would look good worn alone or layered with a couple of different length shell necklaces.
18. Cherry Carmex: My favourite cherry flavoured lip balm has SPF 15 and is water resistant for 80 minutes. I use it for surfing and to protect and soothe my lips out of the water.
19. Canvas Surf Art: She can’t be at the beach all the time (sadly). Recreate her happy place at home with surf inspired pieces of art.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the Amazon Prime 30 day trial, especially if you’re shopping at the last minute. You get unlimited free next day delivery on any product that shows the Prime logo, plus a bunch of other benefits. If you don’t want to pay for an ongoing subscription, just cancel before the 30 days is up and you won’t be charged a bean.
Ladies, what’s on your wish list?
Let me know what you’re coveting in the comments and I can add it to the guide. Also, don’t be afraid to give your loved ones a nudge in the right direction and if you know anyone else looking for surfer girl gift ideas, share this guide using the social links below.
Happy shopping! X
You may also like: Surf Sri Lanka: The Ultimate Guide
Full disclosure: Some of the products in this post contain affiliate links. Shopping via these links means that you can buy the product at no extra cost to you, but I receive a small commission which goes towards the running costs of this site. Be assured that I only recommend products I use myself and trust. Your support is very much appreciated.